Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Physical Therapy Week 5

Week 5 PT Recap - Feeling like progress is being made

Monday still continued my normal physical therapy exercises and knee felt stronger and more stable vs previous weeks. Limp in walk is gone, except after sitting an extended period of time it takes a few steps for it to loosen up. I reached 136 degrees of bend on Monday. Big increase from the previous week (122 Monday, 131 Friday).

Wednesday I worked with the head physical therapist for the first time in 2 weeks. He was extremely impressed of the leg/knee strength, balance, and my willingness to work hard through physical therapy. He said I was easily in his top 5 all-time for recovery to this point and well ahead of nearly all patients to this point. I'm not sure if he says that to commend the hard work, or if he truly means it. I feel like I'm well ahead of where I should be at this point.

Today we started jumping rope for the first time. Normally this is reserved for at least week 8 and I'm starting it at week 5. It was one of those moments where I knew that the hard work is paying off. I really want to come back from this injury stronger and faster than I was before. Knowing I'm well in front of most at this point is really helpful and motivates me to continue to push to a fast full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment