Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 26 - Gym Workout

6/13/2009
Gym Workout

Had a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep this Saturday morning, and headed to the gym motivated and eager to work out. The workout started out my best since the surgery. I was focused, motivated and was having a great work out. About 45 minutes into my solid workout, it quickly shifted to the most down about the ACL surgery since it happened. I tried to regain focus several times, but eventually broke down completely and had to take a good 10 minute break because I couldn't hold back the tears.

Today was supposed to be one of the most active and busiest days/weekends of the year. We were hosting our annual fast pitch tournament and we had a football game vs. the Columbia Trojans at night. Sitting around between sets really got me thinking about what I'm missing this weekend. Playing in the two sports that I love most.

After the break and some encouraging words from a couple different people I regained focus and had THE BEST workout since the surgery. I incorporated all kinds new leg exercises, balancing, and working on range of motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment